The Economy Blackout Cellular Shades from Blinds.ca are a budget-friendly solution for obtaining great insulation and the ability to block light from entering your room.Read More.
- SureFit™ Guaranteed to Fit!
- Normally made in 12 business days
The Economy Blackout Cellular Shades from Blinds.ca are a budget-friendly solution for obtaining great insulation and the ability to block light from entering your room. The honeycomb fabric design features air-trapping cells that repel summer heat and winter cold alike, making them ideal for media rooms and bedrooms for day sleepers. Select from a collection of popular colors in either the lightweight single cell or extra-insulating double cell, which all feature white on the back. If you’re looking for the best insulation, consider TripleShield, which is a thicker double cell fabric. Shades will completely stack to the top of the window when opened, providing an unobstructed view.
Shades come with standard with cord control, or you can upgrade your shades to cordless making them safer for kids. Another upgrade that is considered safer for kids is motorization, available with a filled battery pack. Choose only one remote if you want to control a group of shades together or get a remote for each group or single shade you want to control independently.
Install Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Double cell fabrics offer better insulation than single cell fabrics, recommended for climates with extreme heat or cold.
Continuous cord loop is ideal for large windows, which enables larger shades to operate smoothly and effortlessly.
Motorization provides a convenient way to control your shades throughout your home. Each shade will come with a filled battery pack or a plug in transformer and a small two-button remote that has been pre-paired to the shade. To control multiple shades with one remote, add the single channel remote to one of your shades. This remote also features a “home” button that allows you to save a favorite shade position.
Blackout shades will block all light during the day. For daytime light filtration, consider one of our light-filtering shade.
These shades are not recommended for areas where they may get wet. For such areas consider faux wood blinds or mini blinds.
This product can be made safer for places where children and pets may be present with the selection of the Motorized upgrades. All other versions of this product have cords that may be accessible, and are not recommended for windows where children or pets may be present.
With SureFit™, a Blinds.ca exclusive, we make sure you have complete peace of mind when measuring for any product we offer.
If you made a mistake measuring your blind, we'll remake it at no cost to you. You don't even pay for the return shipping of your old blind! You only pay if there's a difference in price between your old and new blind, or if the new blind requires a shipping fee (generally, this applies when it's over 94" wide).Important Disclaimer:
- Limit 1 remake per item; 4 item remakes per household per lifetime (unless the error is ours, in which case, we'll make it right!).
- Same-product exchanges only, within 30 calendar days of receipt of package.
- Changes are restricted to size and mount only.
- Refunds are not offered under this guarantee.
- Commercial orders: Any order containing 25 or more of the same product, of tax exempt status, or delivered to a non-residential address.
- Any product ordered outside our recommended sizes or specifications, which can be found on the product page.
Standard Blind Specifications
- Minimum Width: 9"
- Maximum Width: 144"
- Minimum Height: 9"
- Maximum Height: 144"
- Minimum Width Day/Night: 12"
- Maximum Width Day/Night: 74"
- Maximum Height Day/Night: 96"
- Minimum Width Cord Loop: 21"
- Maximum Width: Cord Loop: 144"
- Maximum Height Cord Loop: 144"
- Approximate light gap: up to 1/4" each side
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (single cell - corded): 5/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (double cell - corded): 1 1/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (cordless, cord loop & motorization): 1/2"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed - single cell corded lift): 1 7/8"
- Minimum Inside Mount Depth (fully recessed - all other cell sizes and lift controls): 2 1/8"
- Minimum Outside Mounting Surface: 1"
Origin of Production
- Made In: Imported